Optec recently travelled to China to conduct a 2 day training program for a Thermal Power Plant. The training was conducted over 2 days on the 11th and 12th January 2018. The company we performed the training for had organised for the television station to have reporters present to film some of the training and also newspaper journalists to conduct interviews of Optec trainers and students.
The training for Crisis Management was on the first day. This covered topics such as:
- What is a catastrophic event
- How to manage a catastrophic event
- Hierarchy of controls
- The purpose of a critical response team and room
- Safety and evacuation procedures in an emergency
The training for the second day covered Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid. This training was conducted with a class of approximately 35 who had never been trained in CPR or First Aid previously. The topics covered were:
- How to respond to an emergency situation
- Perform CPR (illustrating techniques on adult, pregnant woman, infant)
- Preparation of First Aid
- Treatment for Burns & Shock
- Stroke & Heart Attack
- Stabilizing injuries to legs and Arms
The training was a great success as the participants had no prior knowledge of First Aid, CPR or Crisis Management. A request was made for further training to be conducted in this area for other plants and companies.