How much is the training and how long does it take?

When you make an enquiry regarding any training you require you will be asked to supply certain information that will enable us to prepare a quote for you that will outline cost, duration, prerequisites, etc.

Can the training be delivered at our site?

Yes, Optec can deliver training at their venue in Morwell (VIC) or Osborne Park (WA) or come to your work site. You must be able to supply a suitable training room and may need to supply some equipment e.g. EWP

Do I need a USI number?

A Unique Student Identifier number is only required if you are completing a course that will result in the issuing of a Statement of Attainment.  This is all Initial training that is a national unit of competency.

What is involved in the RPL process?

Recognition of prior learning is an assessment process that involves assessment of an individual’s relevant prior learning (including formal, informal and non-formal learning) to determine the credit outcomes of an individual application for credit.

The typical RPL process consists of the following stages:

  •          identifying the evidence required
  •          providing advice to students about the process
  •          providing students with sufficient information to enable them to prepare their     evidence to meet the standard required for the RPL assessment process
  •          assessing using appropriate evidence-gathering methods and tools
  •          recording the outcome, and
  •          reporting to key internal and external stakeholders.

Will I receive a certificate at the completion of my training?

Optec issues certificates for all Initial and Refresher training.

Do I need to do a Refresher and if so how often?

Most courses have a mandatory refresher period ranging for 12 – 36 months.  You can find this information on the VESI web site or contact the Optec training coordinator.

Do I need any prior training?

Some training only requires a Basic understanding of electricity whilst other has certain prerequisites that must be met before you can be deemed competent.  These prerequisites can be found on the web site or by contacting the Optec training coordinator.

What sort of consultancy services do you offer?

  • Auditing service for High Voltage procedures (to assess compliance with relevant Codes of Practice and Industry Standards)
  • Development and validation of electrical safety management schemes
  • Development of high voltage operating procedures and switching programs

Didn't find the answer?

[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]