Each of our courses can be conducted on-site, allowing your team to develop their skills in the familiarity and context of the workplace.
We offer a range of training and refresher courses which can be completed online for unbeatable convenience and time efficiency.
Our training courses can also be delivered at one of our dedicated training centres in Morwell, Victoria or Osborne Park, Western Australia.
WELCOME TO OPTEC
Industry Leading Training & Consulting Services
OPTEC is a leading provider of low and high voltage electrical and mechanical training, procedure development and maintenance support consulting. Optec is Australian based and internationally experienced, holding an impressive client portfolio that encompasses Energy, Mining, Transport, Petro Chemical, Aviation, Manufacturing & Allied Industries throughout Australasia.
Our team of highly esteemed professionals specialise in delivering high quality training and consulting services. This experienced and qualified team possess unrivalled knowledge of compliance at all levels to facilitate the provision of comprehensive information to all clients.
Providing Specialised Solutions for High Risk Industries
As a Vocational Education and Training (VET) organisation, nationally registered with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), our courses range from trade-specific to broader industry qualifications.
From power generation, HV and LV electrical network systems and HV customers through to high voltage training for specific enterprise skill enhancement, we cover competencies such as:
- All VESI training
- Safe access procedures - Access to high voltage areas - First aid and CPR - Traffic management - Generator operation and control
- Hazardous area wiring
- Electrical supply industry specific requirements
- EHV Transmission
- Dead Line, Live Line
- HV Insulator washing
- HV Insulated stick up to 330 KV
- Bare hand up to 500 KV
– HV Distribution
- HV Insulated stick up to 66KV
- Glove and barrier up to 33KV
– Lineworker and High Voltage Operator
– Cable jointer
– Spotter and no go zone
- Pole top rescue
- EWP escape and rescue
- Tower rescue
- LV panel rescue
- Safe working aloft on structures
- Operate and monitor boilers and turbines
- Advanced safety inspection and testing
- Critical infrastructure, incident management, risk assessment and recovery